Executive Assistant, Toronto
This role is an exciting opportunity at Junxion to provide support for the company’s Principals, one of whom is based in Canada and the other in the UK.
We are looking for someone in the Eastern Time Zone (like Toronto or the GTA) to provide support for half the day in PST, (Vancouver, Canada) and half the day in GMT (London, UK time). This is a fully remote position.
If you are someone with at least two years of administrative or executive support experience, ideally in a consultancy/agency, who is 100% dedicated to working in social impact, then you’re someone we’d like to talk to! This role promises a great opportunity for learning and development with the potential for career growth.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will include managing calendars and setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, handling correspondence and preparing expense reports and reconciling invoices. There may be additional support requirements and opportunities for our Consultants, Operations Director and Project Director with administrative or operational tasks. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance, while remaining aligned with our overarching company strategy, objectives, and values. Other duties may include:
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Track daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
Key Working Relationships
Reporting jointly to the CEO and Managing Director, UK (our Principals), you will be working in collaboration with Junxion colleagues and associates in Vancouver and Toronto, Canada and London, UK. You will also work directly with clients, prospects, and partners, and engage with external contractors and suppliers.
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Intermediary/Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediary/Advanced Google Workspace skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High School diploma
- Degree, diploma or relevant certification is a plus
- Familiarity with and passion for socially responsible business principles and practices, such as social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability
- Awareness and evidence of engagement on issues of social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, social justice and/or environmental sustainability
- Minimum two years of work experience in a professional environment, preferably in a consulting/agency
- Experience in a fast-paced, ‘agile’ and/or dynamic work environment
General & Executive Assistant Specific Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with senior executives and team members
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Able to exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures and deadlines
- High attention to detail and ability to coordinate the efforts of multiple individuals at once, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Flexible attitude toward working environment and ability to work as part of an international team
- Strong and professional customer service orientation
- Understanding of and commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI)
Designing for Success
Junxion is a small team that anticipates significant growth in the years ahead. It’s a dynamic workplace with a culture of expecting everyone to be a leader, and where transparent, open discussion of what’s effective (and what’s not) is encouraged. We believe that if each of us works with these values in mind, we’ll build the company, culture and change we want.
- Generosity: We strive to cultivate value by ‘showing up’ supportively and empathetically, ‘seeking first to understand,’ and focusing on relationships, more than transactions.
- Courage: We demonstrate leadership by asking the tough questions, making the hard decisions, and speaking truth to power.
- Curiosity: We are a learning organization. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ work, seeking first to understand. And we embrace new ideas, models, and frameworks if they will enhance our impact.
- Fun: There’s always space for humour. Work’s more fun if we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
Remuneration and Benefits
Hiring range is CAD $46,000 – $50,000. Junxion offers profit-sharing to all employees, three weeks of paid vacation to start, plus five additional days off in December over the holiday break, health and dental benefits, and flexible work schedules/arrangements.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity of thought, experiences, culture, and perspective are vital for people’s well-being, communities’ health, and our company’s success in our work to accelerate the shift to the purpose economy.
Junxion is an internationally active organization that advocates within and alongside our clients and partners in support of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
By removing identifying information from every candidate’s application, we ensure every potential member of our team is considered without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or differences of physical ability.
Ready to Apply?
To be considered for this role, please email your resumé and a brief cover letter to [email protected]