Project Manager & Consultant, Canada
This exciting role presents the opportunity to work across all of Junxion’s offices, leading the project management for many of our engagements and supporting our consulting team with their client deliverables.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for excellent project management and the experience to back it up. And if you’ve consulted in a professional services environment or had exposure to it, and are dedicated 100% to working in social impact, then you’re someone we’d like to talk to! This role promises great opportunity for learning and development with a career growth potential in either project management or consulting.
In the project management role (~60%), you will work closely with the Project Director to manage client projects across our three offices according to best practices. You will be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the projects assigned while remaining aligned with our overarching company strategy, objectives and values.
In the Consultant role (~40%), you will be responsible for supporting your colleagues with new business opportunities and client projects across our portfolio of services, including strategy and planning; brand, culture, and communication; impact measurement and reporting; and other advisory services that support our clients’ work to lead their sectors. You will also be supporting many of our internal projects. The ideal candidate is an experienced Project Manager who has a minimum of two years of dedicated project management experience in a Professional Services environment, ideally (but not necessarily) with another consultancy or agency. We are looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented and highly organized individual who enjoys a challenging and fast-paced working environment. You have a formal education in Project Management and are working towards the PMP certification or are interested in achieving this–we will support you!
Our team is growing, and we need someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is happy to be rolling up their sleeves in various areas of the firm, while diligently carrying out the role of Project Manager. Being curious and proactive and thinking always one or two steps ahead is key to the success of this role. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours a week position and ideally based in Toronto, Canada or the region. We expect this role to be available across the Canada EST working day with several set meetings to attend. This role supports all three of our offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and London so some flexibility around time zones is required.
Key Working Relationships
Reporting directly to the Project Director, you will be working in collaboration with Junxion colleagues and associates in Vancouver and Toronto, Canada and London, UK. You will also work directly with clients, prospects, and partners, and engage with external contractors and suppliers.
Project Management (~60%)
- Leads Project Management for client engagements in the role of PM.
- Leads Project Management for internal projects in the role of PM.
- Supports consulting team with project delivery from inception to completion, ensuring projects are delivered to the agreed time scale, quality standards and budget.
- Keeps colleagues and clients informed of developments and resolves issues as they arise, resulting in successful projects and leading to further work.
- Communicates with clients and project teams to schedule and arrange services.
- Completes monthly project invoicing.
- Sets up projects for the consulting team across our suite of project management systems and tools.
- Works closely with the Project Director and Operations Director in various other duties to ensure the integrity of Junxion’s portfolio of projects. This includes opportunities to support the growth and development of Junxion’s PM practice as a whole.
- Contributes to all stages of projects including kick-off meetings, research, strategy and delivery.
- Drafts and edits plans, reports, position papers, and other communications.
- Researches relevant issues, and analyses, synthesises, and presents findings in papers and reports.
- Applies specialist knowledge to client work, including one or more of strategy, sustainability, social impact, reporting, impact measurement, branding, and marketing communications.
- Works closely with specialist consultants, designers, and web developers to present project outputs in print or online.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications
- University degree (undergrad), ideally with a focus on business, communications, and/or project management.
- Project Management Certificate from a reputable institution; PMP certified or in progress an asset.
- PMI training in the three areas of the PMI Talent Triangle (strategic and business management; technical; leadership).
- Familiarity with and passion for socially responsible business principles and practices, such as social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability.
- Awareness and evidence of engagement on issues of social entrepreneurship, CSR, social justice and/or environmental sustainability.
- Two to three years in a project management role in a multi-project environment in the corporate sector, a consulting firm, creative agency, NGO and/or other professional services agency.
- Some consulting experience is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, ‘agile’ and/or dynamic work environment.
General & PM Specific Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with senior executives and team members.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects.
- Independent, strategic thinker, able to exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures and deadlines.
- High attention to detail and ability to coordinate the efforts of multiple individuals at once, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, while keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and ensure that the business/project outcomes are being achieved.
- Flexible attitude toward working environment and ability to work as part of an international team. (Minimal, client-related travel is expected for this role.)
- Experience using various PM software and tools; working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps suite and Keynote.
- Strong and professional customer service orientation.
- Understanding of and commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI).
Designing for Success
Junxion is a small team that anticipates significant growth in the years ahead. It’s a dynamic workplace with a culture of expecting everyone to be a leader, and where transparent, open discussion of what’s effective (and what’s not) is encouraged. We believe that if each of us works with these values in mind, we’ll build the company, culture and change we want.
Generosity: We strive to cultivate value by ‘showing up’ supportively and empathetically, ‘seeking first to understand,’ and focusing on relationships, more than transactions.
Courage: We demonstrate leadership by asking the tough questions, making the hard decisions, and speaking truth to power.
Curiosity: We are a learning organization. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ work, seeking first to understand. And we embrace new ideas, models, and frameworks if they will enhance our impact.
Fun: There’s always space for humour. Work’s more fun if we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
Remuneration and Benefits
Hiring range is CAD $65,000 – $75,000. Junxion offers profit-sharing to all employees, three weeks of paid vacation to start, plus 3 additional days off in December over the holiday break, health & dental benefits, and flexible work schedules/arrangements.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity of thought, experiences, culture, and perspective are vital for people’s well-being, communities’ health, and our company’s success in our work to accelerate the shift to the purpose economy. Junxion is an internationally active organization that advocates within and alongside our clients and partners in support of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging. By removing identifying information from every candidate’s application, we ensure every potential member of our team is considered without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or differences of physical ability.
To be considered for this role, please email your resumé and a brief cover letter to [email protected].