We’d like to introduce TIDES Foundation’s rebranding team.
Mike, Sherry, Chantal and Garth are an experienced, interdisciplinary team that push each other to bring out their best work. We’ve long appreciated TIDES Foundation’s work and share your commitment to enduring, innovative, social impact. You can read our bios to get to know us a little better before we chat.
Based in Vancouver and engaged internationally, Mike specializes in helping organizations define and develop TrustBrands™—meaningful, values-driven engagement strategies that distinguish market leaders and inspire diverse audiences.
Mike is an Ambassador of Social Venture Network, and an Executive Producer of the celebrated, annual Social Venture Institute. He sits on the Advisory Council to the Faculty of Management at Royal Roads University, and is Entrepreneur-in-Residence at RADIUS Ventures, a social venture accelerator housed in the Beedie Graduate School of Business at SFU.
As a keynote speaker and frequent workshop presenter, he has taught strategy, entrepreneurship, sector collaborations, branding and communications.
Some of Mike’s specifically relevant experience includes:
- International social innovation thought leadership.
- More than a decade of branding work across private and non-profit sectors.
- Brand strategy and planning for diverse philanthropic clients including ACT Foundation, 1% for the Planet, Vancity Community Foundation, and Sentebale (Prince Harry’s charity).
Sherry Pomerleau, Creative Director
Sherry’s adept translation of brand strategy into compelling visual communications has earned her an international reputation. Based in Vancouver, Sherry works on branding projects and campaigns for both local and global projects, contributes to outreach and engagement strategies, and offers creative guidance and design implementation.
Sherry takes great pleasure in applying her talents to socially responsible businesses, non-profits and social impact organizations. She’s worked with 1% For the Planet, ACT Foundation, ORS Impact, MSMGF, the World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry, and Natural Balance Home Builders, a Vancouver-based innovative green and healthy home builder.
Sherry’s recent and relevant work includes:
- Brand identity and extension work for 3Fold Partners, an integrated firm with a family office, a venture development group, and a venture capital group that supports values-aligned investments, environmentally responsible entrepreneurs, funds and ventures. Close to launch.
- Brand identity and design work for a variety of social impact financial firms, including Genus Capital Management, Wolverton Financial’s new socially responsible investment division, and New Market Funds, a social impact investment fund manager.
- Brand identity and website for MSMGF – the Global Forum on MSM & HIV based in Oakland, CA.
Prior to joining Junxion, Sherry ran her own design firm and has had vast experience guiding teams and clients through the creative process, and has successfully managed projects from concept to completion for clients of all sizes. Her experience bridges a full spectrum of initiatives, from evocative print and packaging to engaging online and spatial experiences.
Garth has over a decade of experience in strategy, planning, and communicating social impact for non-profit organizations, foundations, and social enterprises. Garth brings a strong performance management and impact evaluation perspective to his work in communications and brand strategy. He is a generalist with broad experience in print and web design, campaigning, brand development, evaluation, strategy, analysis, organizational behaviour and leadership development.
Garth was formerly Manager of Evaluation and Community Impact at Vancity Community Foundation, where he led evaluation and reporting initiatives for the Foundation’s overall performance, as well as for social enterprise portfolio grantees. He enjoys helping organizations effectively ‘translate’ what is meaningful about their work for different audiences and contexts.
Garth holds a BA in Communications and Certificate in Community Economic Development from Simon Fraser University and an MBA from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia.
Garth’s recent and relevant experience includes:
- Developing a brand strategy and outreach campaign for Primary Maternity Care doctors via the Vancouver Division of Family Practice
- Developing a collaborative communications and market research strategy for land conservancy organizations in BC, in partnership with Give Green Canada (G2), a TIDES Canada Initiative
- Lead editor for Junxion’s Guide to CSR, highlighting best practices for communicating social impact
- Teaching workshops on practical approaches to impact evaluation and communication for social entrepreneurs and their funders
Chantal Schauch is a community leader, senior brand consultant and project manager with over a decade of expertise in developing distinctive brand and marketing strategies, and managing projects for mission-driven businesses and non-profit organizations. Chantal has worked with a diverse list of game changers, including the World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry, Mountain Equipment Co-op, Essilor Canada, and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, among others.
She co-founded and managed, for three years, the first community and crowdfunding platform for charity climbs and adventures, and coached campaign leaders worldwide on running successful charity adventure campaigns. She is herself a leader of community initiatives, having co-led two international climbing campaigns for Power To Be Adventure Therapy Society, raising over $200,000 and much awareness for the organization. More recently she produced, co-directed and managed a cross-cultural leadership campaign and award-winning documentary film in partnership with members of the Tahltan Nation of northern British Columbia.
She holds a Master of Arts in Professional Communication, a Bachelor of Commerce in International Business, and a Marketing Management Certificate in Public Relations.
Some of Chantal’s specifically relevant expertise includes:
- Extensive non-profit planning and implementation work, including outreach and engagement campaigns with tight budgets.
- International and community stakeholder and partner relations.
- Extensive brand and marketing communications work with socially responsible entrepreneurs and their ventures across start-up and growth-stage environments.
Case Study: ACT Foundation
Founded by ACT Inc., a public good company, ACT Foundation reaches across organizational boundaries, sectors, and the nation, to develop strategic approaches to support working learners in their journeys toward successful careers and lives. Junxion developed ACT Foundation’s brand and website.
Case Study: Alliance India
Alliance India’s programs foster wellbeing, realize equality, and affirm the dignity of communities most affected by HIV/AIDS. Junxion rebranded Alliance India and developed their new website. Learn more about the specifics of our work in this case study.
Case Study: MSMGF
The Global Forum on MSM & HIV advocates for equitable access to effective HIV prevention, care, treatment, and support services tailored to the needs of gay men and other MSM around the world. Our rebrand of MSMGF, including a new website, will launch mid-November.