Mind of a strategist, heart of an activist, eye of a designer
Garth is a communications and business strategist focused on understanding how organisations can manage information to serve the public good; he looks for differences that make a difference. He supports strategy consulting work for a variety of Junxion clients, and specialises in impact evaluation and reporting projects for social ventures.
Garth has over a decade of experience as a board advisor, strategy and communications manager, and designer for member-driven non-profits. He was formerly Manager of Evaluation and Community Impact at Vancity Community Foundation, where he led initiatives related to the evaluation and reporting for social entrepreneurs. He also co-founded the Demonstrating Value Resource Society, a Vancouver-based non-profit dedicated to sharing impact evaluation and reporting tools and resources with mission-driven organisations. Garth joined the Board of Social Value Canada in 2018.
He holds a BA in Communication and a Certificate in Community Economic Development from Simon Fraser University, and an MBA in Strategic Management from the Sauder School of Business, at the University of British Columbia.
He lives in Kitchener, Ontario, with his partner Cori and their two young children.
- What does it mean to work at a B Corp?
- Impact Storytelling: Clarity, Outcomes, and Connection
- When the Going Gets Tough, Invest in Evaluation
- Purpose and Accountability: The Carrot and Stick of Social Impact
- Good strategy should make good choices obvious
- Unintended Consequences: B Corp Legislation in British Columbia
- Free Speech in an Era of Polarizing Populism
- Showcasing Impact: A Fast, Cheap, and Good Approach?!
- Live Your Organizational Values – Practical First Steps