Garth is a communications and business strategist focused on understanding how organisations can manage information to serve the public good; he looks for differences that make a difference. He supports strategy consulting work for a variety of Junxion clients, and specialises in impact evaluation and reporting projects for social ventures.
Garth has over a decade of experience as a board advisor, strategic communications manager, and graphic designer for member-driven non-profits. He was formerly Manager of Evaluation and Community Impact at Vancity Community Foundation, where he led initiatives related to the evaluation and reporting for social entrepreneurs. He also co-founded the Demonstrating Value Resource Society, a Vancouver-based non-profit dedicated to sharing impact evaluation and reporting tools and resources with mission-driven organisations.
He holds a BA in Communication and a Certificate in Community Economic Development from Simon Fraser University, and an MBA in Strategic Management from the Sauder School of Business, at the University of British Columbia.
He bikes to work from East Vancouver, where he lives with his partner Cori and their two young children.
- Showcasing Impact: A Fast, Cheap, and Good Approach?!
- Live Your Organizational Values – Practical First Steps
- Have We Hit ‘Peak Entrepreneur?’
- WJS Canada: A bold vision and strategic plan for navigating change in senior leadership
- Can Social Innovation Enhance Corporate Community Investment?
- Is your Retirement Plan really building what you want?
- Is your social venture making an impact? A handy flowchart.
- Catching a Runaway Train—Harnessing the Value of Vancouver’s Real Estate Development Boom
- Why didn’t Franklin just call an Uber?