Junxion is an international consultancy that works to catalyse progress on social and environmental sustainability. We’ve spent twenty years supporting mission-minded founders, pioneers of corporate social responsibility and sustainability, non-profit executives and philanthropists. Uniting the pragmatism of business with the integrity of social conscience and environmental conservation, we help our clients build meaningful brands and inspiring social movements.
At Junxion, Senior Consultants are responsible for leading client projects, conceiving new business opportunities and contributing to our collective thought leadership. Senior consultants lead projects in strategic planning, brand development, CSR strategy and planning, and other aspects of communications and marketing.
Key Working Relationships
In Vancouver, Senior Consultants report to the President & CEO, working in collaboration with Junxion colleagues and associates. They also work directly with clients, prospects and partners, and engage with external contractors and suppliers.
- Establish and manage client relationships, and lead projects from inception to completion, keeping clients informed of developments and resolving issues as they arise, resulting in successful projects and leading to further work
- Lead workshops and conduct interviews with clients and stakeholders to identify requirements and inform project work
- Conceptualise, develop and implement business, marketing and CSR strategies and programmes
- Write and edit sustainability/CSR reports, position papers, and other communications
- Research relevant issues, and analyse, synthesise and present your findings in papers and reports
- Apply specialist knowledge to client work eg sustainability strategy, reporting, impact measurement, brand and marketing communications
- Work closely with specialist consultants, designers and web developers to present project outputs in print or online. At times this may include finding, contracting and overseeing these consultants.
- Identify potential new clients and develop prospects that align with Junxion’s mission to catalyse progress on social and environmental sustainability
- Conceive and develop new business opportunities
- Propose and develop new project opportunities with existing clients
- Write quality proposals and make presentations to pitch for work from prospective clients
- Conduct sector scans and benchmarking, gathering insights to inform proposals and presentations
- Market Junxion to external audiences and contribute to our marketing plan
- Propose, research and write articles for the Junxion website and newsletter
- Represent Junxion at meetings, events and online, including social media.
- Keep up-to-date with developments and trends in CSR and sustainability, social enterprises and brand and marketing communications to inform and improve Junxion services and products
- Support and promote existing Junxion services, products and tools, and contribute to developing new ones
- Contribute to developing processes and systems that enhance how Junxion operates and delivers our work
- Adhere to Junxion policies and procedures.
About the Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications
- University degree (Masters preferred) with a focus on sustainability, CSR, business or marketing/communications
- Understanding of CSR and/or sustainability issues and/or entrepreneurship and/or intrapreneurship and / or organizational structure and governance models and practices
- Knowledge of the Global Reporting Initiative, B Corp and other impact measurement, corporate disclosure and reporting frameworks
- Awareness and evidence of engagement on issues of social entrepreneurship, CSR, social justice and/or environmental sustainability.
- Minimum seven years working in a corporate or consulting firm, NGO or international agency
- Experience managing consulting engagements, including projects of significant value
- Experience working across the corporate and social sectors
- Experience designing and facilitating workshops and/or meetings
- Experience designing and delivering behaviour change campaigns
- Experience designing and delivering employee engagement programmes
- Experience writing for a range of audiences across a number of platforms.
Skills and Attributes
- Can communicate confidently and deliver proposals and presentations or speak at public events
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, specifically the ability to produce clear, well structured papers, reports and proposals for different audiences and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised, independent, strategic thinker, able to exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures and deadlines
- Flexible attitude to working environment and ability to work as part of an international team
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps suite and Keynote
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of web design and development principles, and use of social media in communications programmes
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong existing network and experience with CRM’s an asset
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
Designing for Success
Junxion is a small team that anticipates significant growth in the years ahead. It’s a dynamic workplace with a culture of expecting everyone to be a leader, and where transparent, open discussion of what’s effective (and what’s not) is encouraged. We believe that if each of us works with these values in mind, we’ll build the company, culture and change we want.
- Generosity: We strive to cultivate value by ‘showing up’ supportively and empathetically, ‘seeking first to understand,’ and focusing on relationships, more than transactions.
- Courage: We demonstrate leadership by asking the tough questions, making the hard decisions, and speaking truth to power.
- Fun: There’s always space for humour. Work’s more fun if we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
Ready to Apply?
Please send your cover letter, current CV and three references to [email protected].
We’re sincerely grateful for your interest in our firm. However, as we anticipate a significant volume of applicants, we will only be able to respond to those short-listed for interviews. Thanks for your understanding.