Junxion is an international consultancy that works to catalyse progress on social and environmental sustainability. We’ve spent twenty years supporting mission-minded founders, pioneers of corporate social responsibility and sustainability, non-profit executives and philanthropists. Uniting the pragmatism of business with the integrity of social conscience and environmental conservation, we help our clients build meaningful brands and inspiring social movements.
At Junxion, Consultants are responsible for day-to-day management of client projects, supporting new business opportunities and contributing to our collective thought leadership. Consultants support projects in strategic planning, brand development, CSR strategy and planning, and other aspects of communications and marketing.
Key Working Relationships
In Vancouver, Junxion Consultants report to one or more Senior Consultants, working in collaboration with Junxion colleagues and associates. They also work directly with clients, prospects and partners, and engage with external contractors and suppliers.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships and deliver projects from inception to completion, ensuring they are delivered to the agreed timeline, quality standards and budget
- Keep colleagues and clients informed of developments, resolving any issues as they arise
- Contribute to all stages of projects including kick-off meetings, research, strategy and delivery
- Implement business, marketing and CSR strategies and programmes
- Research relevant issues, and analyse, synthesise and present your findings in papers and reports
- Apply specialist knowledge to client work, including sustainability strategy, reporting, impact measurement, brand and marketing communications
- Work closely with specialist consultants, designers and web developers to present project outputs in print or online
- Plan projects, including preparing work-back schedules, proposing how time and resources are allocated, and managing relationships with specialist consultants, designers and web developers
- Supporting Senior Consultants and Principals with resource planning across numerous projects
- Liaise with project team members in the Vancouver and London offices, and other contactors
- Support new business opportunities with existing clients and new prospects
- Contribute to quality proposals and presentations to prospective clients
- Conduct sector scans and benchmarking, gathering insights to inform proposals and presentations
- Market Junxion to external audiences and contribute to our marketing plan
- Propose, research and write articles for the Junxion website and newsletter
- Represent Junxion at meetings and events to promote the company and our work
- Keep up-to-date with developments and trends in CSR and sustainability, social enterprises, social innovation, branding, and marketing communications to inform and improve Junxion services and products
- Support and promote existing Junxion services, products and tools, and contribute to developing new ones
- Contribute to developing processes and systems that enhance how Junxion operates and delivers our work
- Adhere to Junxion policies and procedures
About the Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications
- University degree (Masters preferred) with a focus on sustainability, CSR, business or marketing/communications
- Understanding of CSR and/or sustainability issues and/or entrepreneurship and/or intrapreneurship and/or organizational structure and governance models and practices
- Knowledge of the Global Reporting Initiative, B Corp and other impact measurement, corporate disclosure and reporting frameworks
- Awareness and evidence of engagement on issues of social entrepreneurship, CSR, social justice, social innovation and/or environmental sustainability
- Minimum two years working in a corporate or consulting firm, NGO or international agency
- Experience delivering consulting engagements, including projects of significant value
- Experience working across the corporate and social sectors
- Experience writing for a range of audiences across a number of platforms
Skills and Attributes
- Can communicate confidently and deliver proposals and presentations or speak at public events
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, specifically the ability to produce clear, well structured papers, reports and proposals for different audiences and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised, independent, strategic thinker, able to exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures and deadlines
- Flexible attitude to working environment and ability to work as part of an international team
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps suite and Keynote
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of web design and development principles, and use of social media in communications programmes
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong customer service orientation
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
Designing for Success
Junxion is a small team that anticipates significant growth in the years ahead. It’s a dynamic workplace with a culture of expecting everyone to be a leader, and where transparent, open discussion of what’s effective (and what’s not) is encouraged. We believe that if each of us works with these values in mind, we’ll build the company, culture and change we want.
- Generosity: We strive to cultivate value by ‘showing up’ supportively and empathetically, ‘seeking first to understand,’ and focusing on relationships, more than transactions.
- Courage: We demonstrate leadership by asking the tough questions, making the hard decisions, and speaking truth to power.
- Fun: There’s always space for humour. Work’s more fun if we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
Ready to Apply?
Please send your cover letter, current CV and three references to [email protected]unxion.com
We’re sincerely grateful for your interest in our firm. However, as we anticipate a significant volume of applicants, we will only be able to respond to those short-listed for interviews. Thanks for your understanding